A promo bar is a small bar that appears on the top or bottom of your website. It can appear right as you enter the site or be triggered by Exit Intent technology.
Promo bars have many uses: the bar can say hello and welcome your visitor, guide them to your current best deals, or notify them about important information.
In campaign summary page you can see all the stats about selected campaign. You will see stats, graph, campaign targeting settings and linked ads.
We have 2 "modes" for campaign setup. By default you will have "Simple mode" enabled. This means that you only need to design the Promo bar and you are good to go. This ad will be shown once to every visitor that enters your site.
On top right corner you can switch to "Advanced" mode with 3 steps that allow many more settings to fine tune your campaigns.
(You can also switch "Advanced" mode to be your default one in "Website settings").
To create a campaign click the button “Add Promo Bar” in the top left corner of corresponding dashboard.
The first step is where you set basic campaign settings:
- Input your campaign name. We recommend choosing a name that you can easily relate to. Use unique campaign names. If you have campaigns in different languages or for different devices you can indicate that in a campaign name.
- Choose if the campaign will be ongoing or scheduled (with a set start and end date).
- Choose if you want to show this campaign to visitors from all locations or limit
In the second step you will set targeting options for campaigns.
“Show campaigns to” allows targeting either
- "Visitors who are about to leave your site". This is where we use Exit Intent technology to detect which visitors are about to leave. If you choose this option banner will be show to visitors who move their cursor out of the browser pane.
- "All incoming visitors". This option allows to show ad to any visitor opening your site. Targeted visitors can be narrowed with other targeting options we offer.
“Frequency capping” is a term that you might have heard of when talking about
In this step you can create the design of your promo bar.
You can choose between two types of promo bars - "Promotion" and "Subscribe".
With the first one you can notify visitors about different activities on your site, redirect traffic, promote products.
With the second one you can collect email subscribers.
The layout of Promo bars are fixed, but you can customize the color scheme. Click on "Theme" and choose color from color picker or provide color code.
Update all of the text fields for your needs. "Mobile label text" is a field that only appears on smartphones because "Title" is not
On the final step of campaign set-up you can change settings for conversion tracking.
If you implemented our conversion tracking code you may click “Save campaign” here.
If you click on “Show Advanced Options” you will see one additional setting for campaigns.
It is ment for sites that have multiple types of conversions, i.e. sign-ups and purchases.
You can choose the “Conversion type” to be either “Conversion” or “Lead”. Each conversion type uses its own tracking code, which is displayed below the dropdown.
If you have not implemented our conversion code in your site this is where you will have to set